RSM Stage Academy is proud to be accredited and affiliated
with the following governing bodies
CDMT Recognised School
RSM Stage Academy is a recognised School within the industry. Providing quality assurance for the professional dance and musical theatre industries.
Please find below the nine requirements that we have achieved to become a recognised School.
Nine Requirements For Recognised Schools:
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), safeguarding, equal opportunities and customer service (including feedback and complaints)
- Ensure valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificates are in place for all members of staff including teachers, administrators and all ancillary staff
- Hold appropriate and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDMT Code of Professional Conduct and Practice or recognised equivalent
- Make the Nine Requirements for Recognised Schools document publicly available, together with the following Key Information: contact details, timetables and venues for examinations and all performance events.
- Ensure that the majority of teaching is delivered by teachers with appropriate Teaching Qualifications i.e. hold a CDMT, Ofqual or other government recognised teaching qualification at QCF Level 3 or above. Teachers not holding (or working towards) such a teaching qualification should be in the minority but will still demonstrate Professional Experience to the satisfaction of CDMT
- Employ or engage all teachers on appropriate Teaching Contracts
- Conduct annual Staff Appraisals and offer relevant Continuing Professional Development within the organisation.
- Keep formal Financial Accounts which are independently inspected or audited where required by law.
I would highly recommend RSM Stage Academy to anyone considering joining. Since my daughter started before Christmas she has really grown in confidence and really enjoys going each week. Richard works wonders in his 1-1 sessions with Lily and makes her feel safe and welcome. He always provides excellent detailed feedback regarding her sessions each time. The teachers work to the highest standard and are greatly valued as a team and how hard they work. Their commitment to the students excels any other academy we have tried. Richard and his team make you feel really welcome. Even through the difficult times everyone has faced, Richard has provided excellent guidance in all he has done and made sure all correct procedures are in place. Fantastic team and such an excellent academy!
Kirsty - RSM Stage Academy Parent
“My daughter has been attending RSM Stage Academy for many years and enjoys every second. She has gained a wide range of Performing Arts skills from Professional Instructors. Great for confidence, great for fun. Can highly recommend.”
David – RSM Stage Academy Parent
“My daughter has been a student at RSM Stage Academy for a number of years and loves every moment she spends there! Her dancing and singing is coming on brilliantly and her confidence has blossomed. My son has recently joined early years and can be quite shy but in such short space of time has fully embraced his lessons and is excited each week to return. Richard and the team run a very professional establishment and work hard with all of the students while still ensuring they get a huge amount of enjoyment out of the sessions.”
Natalie Preece – RSM Stage Academy Parent
“Super classes and teachers, your sons/daughters will be extremely happy here. RSM are a family and they have made my daughters feel very welcome. You will love the moment when they perform at the Annual showcases, it is well worth it. You will be so proud!”
Shannell Gordon – RSM Stage Academy Parent
“My daughter Katie has only attended RSM Stage Academy for 6 months but we are both very impressed already with the fantastic support and encouragement she has received. Richard and his talented team are truly passionate about RSM and how it can make a difference to not only a pupil’s ability in performing arts but also their overall well-being and confidence. Katie looks forward to her Saturday classes all week and it is definitely the highlight of her week. We all look forward to watching our daughter grow in confidence and develop her acting, dancing and singing skills. Thank you Richard and the RSM team.”
Jayne Jeffries – RSM Stage Academy Parent
“RSM Stage Academy is a friendly Academy with a great variety of classes, workshops and many performance opportunities. My daughters thoroughly enjoy being a part of the RSM Family.”
Tracey – RSM Stage Academy Parent
“My daughter expressed an interest in singing, dancing and acting. It was important for me as a parent to source the right academy in order for her to pursue her interest. Principal Richard and his team of professionals have helped Kacey realise her potential; she has grown in confidence and embraces any challenges presented to her. I would highly recommend RSM Stage Academy to anyone from adolescence to adulthood.”